Monday, July 18, 2011

Semester 2: Block III Results (finally)

MCB II-
Average: 81.67%
Me: 86%

Physio I-
Average: 81.69%
Me: 86%

Immunology
Average-79%
Me: 78%  [side note: this marks the first time I wasn't above average this semester... sad face]

As I said earlier, grades weren't too great this block, but they still didn't hurt me enough to prevent me from making Dean's List. I need an 87% average of all my classes of the semester to make it (the three above plus Biostats which I already got an A in) and I'm sitting right there on the cusp. It's right there for the taking and it's just a matter of whether I seize this opportunity or not. In order to capitalize on my situation, I need to refocus and strengthen my commitment to actually studying/memorizing material in the evenings after all my notes are written up. I know I said I would do it last block, but I never did. It wasn't until the weekend just before exams that I started memorizing my notes. And since I had such a ridiculous amount for MCB in particular, my whole weekend was pretty miserable with minimal sleep and maximal stress.

 I also need to start taking full advantage of the weekends that are left. Aside from this coming Friday (where I plan on celebrating my friend's birthday in a big way), I don't anticipate doing any sort of partying for the remainder of the semester. Somehow I'm going to have to trick myself into thinking it's block weekend and go all out studying. We'll see. I hope this turns out like I wrote it.

Four more weeks. Four more weeks.

Until next time,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment