Monday, January 3, 2011

Pictures of my AUC dorm room

It's my first night in the dorms and at last I'm done unpacking. I've spent the last 4 nights at my parent's hotel in Orient Bay on the French side of the island, so this trip has felt more like a vacation than an actual move to my new home. But I'm here now and settled, so it's really starting to set in that I'm living here for the next 20 months to study medicine.

Here are some pics of the finished product (slash I need some posters): 

My kitchen area

Dining room table

My "living space"

The bedroom

More of the bedroom

14 comments:

  1. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than my first college room! Do you have housemates or is this all yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a single! I have yet to see a double, but I feel like all the dorms are pretty spacious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I don't know what it is about med schools, but the medical library at my school has the exact same chairs as your desk chair. I'm kind of jealous, they're comfortable xD I'm looking forward to reading more about your new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh you used the hutch from your desk as a nightstand! Thats a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, I didn't even realize that was for the desk haha! with the way my room is set up, the hutch would be blocking my window anyway so I guess its good where I put it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is there a washer and dryer in unit? if not, where do you go for laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No washer/dryer in my dorm, but they have communal machines on every floor for the on campus residents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How feasible is it to stay in the dorms the entire first year? how would one go about doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unless you have some medical condition, it wouldn't be feasible at all, I'm sorry. You get one semester and then you're kicked off. Some 5th semester students can come back.... though rooms are very limited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are awesome, Rock on, and prove those premed advisors wrong!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. no way, i'm not awesome, you're awesome! thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How long did your parents stay? I'm starting May 2013 and am trying to get an idea of when we should arrive. How far in advance can we move into the dorm?

    ReplyDelete
  13. my parents ended up staying a week with me and i think they let you move into the dorms about a week before the official first day of orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey! a couple of questions...is the dorms fully furnished? full kitchen (with pots, pans and dishes?). did it also come with that tv? if not how are the prices for electronics there?

    ReplyDelete