Monday, December 20, 2010

TV Channels on St. Maarten

Not that I plan on watching much TV while I'm here, but how can anyone deny the comfort of turning on the tube and hearing all those familiar voices in the background? I'm one of those people who will switch on a TV, grab a snack and then walk to the adjacent room to sit down for work. I don't know why this is, but I see no real issues in continuing my pre-study ritual. More often than not, my preference is SportsCenter since it is just a looped segment for hours.

The other reason why I'm concerned with what channels are available to me is because I will be leaving for the island right BEFORE the NFL Playoffs! And with the way my Patriots have been playing this season, I don't want to miss a thing.

After a quick google search of the cable channels available, I found that most of the channels are American with NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, CNN, and so forth. If you are really into movies you have the option to get the premium channels like HBO and Showtime. For the complete list of cable channels you can click here.

4 comments:

  1. I was looking at the link you posted, it seems that its the French side's cable channels. Is it the same on the Dutch side? Either way, its a GOOD amount of channels!!!

    I will buy a TV when I go down there...gotta keep my sanity!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's the same on the dutch side. The whole island gets all the major American television networks, some european channels and local ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need TV, i'll tell you right now, Patriots lose in the first round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I'm not sure they will be losing since they already locked up the BYE! ohhh

    ReplyDelete