Who knew St. Maarten was religious? Today, June 2nd, is Ascension day, the day that the resurrected Jesus ascended to Heaven.
For those who aren't religious (like me), this day is particularly nice because we have no class! I don't think I've had a single day off from school since I started here in January and looking at the official dates for St. Maarten Public Holidays it seems that I missed Easter and Carnival by a couple weeks.
So what have I been doing this day? I slept in till 10, woke up and did some studying for a few hours.... I'm pretty behind in Immuno and MCB at the moment. Then I went outside to the pool for a couple hours. I just showered and before I start round two of my study session today, I figured why not keep my roll going by adding another blog post. Below is the full list of St. Maarten Public Holidays i.e. no class! My next day off is actually next Tuesday, but that's only because AUC has its huge Clinical Symposium where reps from all the affiliated hospitals come and talk about their programs.
| Maho Beach |
Public Holidays
New Year's Day - Jan 1, 2011
Good Friday - Apr 22, 2011
Easter Sunday - Apr 24, 2011
Easter Monday - Apr 25, 2011
Carnival Holiday - Apr 29, 2011
Queen's Birthday - Apr 30, 2011
Labour Day - May 1, 2011
Public Holday - May 2, 2011Ascension Day - June 2, 2011
Emancipation Day (new)- July 1, 2011 St.Maarten's Day Nov 11, 2011
Kingdom Day - Dec 15, 2011
Christmas Day - Dec 25, 2011
Boxing Day - Dec 26, 2011
New Year's Day - Jan 1, 2012
Yeah the Clinical Symposium is definitely a must-go event, and it's extremely helpful. I believe it is on Wednesday though, according to the email Dr. Testa sent out. I have no idea why we don't have class on Tuesday, but I ain't complainin'!
ReplyDelete