I think this response will change depending on who you ask, but despite my less-than-stellar grades in anatomy, I would have to say no, not really. The material is doable and easy enough to understand when you spend time with it, however the greatest difficulty of medical school is just dealing with the volume of information you have to learn by block exams. Time is definitely your greatest enemy here and if you spend a lot of time goofing off (like me) or if you just aren't efficient, it's going to make things a lot tougher.
Time is never patient. When I'm sitting in LH4, I look up at the clock every so often and I'm just in complete awe and simultaneously discouraged to find out how little I did in the amount of time that's passed. I will go over one packet for MCB (about 20 pages of powerpoint slides) and it takes me nearly 3 hours to get through it. And that's just the material for one class on that particular day. Afterwards I do histology, and then I spend what's left of my day on anatomy and by that time my brain is slowly powering down anyway. I'll start switching up the order I do things, because honestly, anatomy has been getting the short end of the stick this last week and considering this is my worst class...... no bueno.
Time is never patient. When I'm sitting in LH4, I look up at the clock every so often and I'm just in complete awe and simultaneously discouraged to find out how little I did in the amount of time that's passed. I will go over one packet for MCB (about 20 pages of powerpoint slides) and it takes me nearly 3 hours to get through it. And that's just the material for one class on that particular day. Afterwards I do histology, and then I spend what's left of my day on anatomy and by that time my brain is slowly powering down anyway. I'll start switching up the order I do things, because honestly, anatomy has been getting the short end of the stick this last week and considering this is my worst class...... no bueno.
No comments:
Post a Comment