Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My blog hits 10,000+ Pageviews

What's this insanity happening? The less I write the more visitors I get! I finally got to 10,000 pageviews late last night and it seems that I'm averaging around 115 or so pageviews a day these last few weeks.

I know I have been neglecting my blog a little bit, but don't worry I haven't forgotten about it... I wish I could say I've been busy, but I think I've been lazy more than anything.

So who has been visiting my blog you ask?? I'll share with you some of the random stats I get to see everyday.

Roughly 80% of my readers have been from the United States and the remaining 20% have been coming from here (The Netherlands Antilles), Canada, Australia, England, Japan, Russia, South Africa, France, and....Guatemala of all places.

Operating Systems:
60% of you guys are using Windows
31% using Macs
2% Linux

For surfing the web:
29% are using Chrome
24% Firefox
23% Internet Explorer
20% Safari
1% Opera

My most visited post continues to be the AUC USMLE Step 1 Results for 2009, followed by my post concerning the class size and attrition rate of AUC, St George, Ross.

For those of you who don't know my website address yet (or bookmarked it):

43% of you end up getting here through a google search
25% via Benji's Blog "Diary of a Caribbean Med Student"
23% of you are actually friends/family who arrived to my blog via my facebook page


Crazy I can see all that information, right?


11 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    Hi my name is Michael, and I am going to be attending AUC in the fall, I found your blog via "Benji's Blog", and am the random person from Guatemala who is reading your blog. Your blog has been really informative, and a nice way for me to take a break from work. Good luck with your studies.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michael,
    I've been curious about the Guatemala reader. I'm glad my blog has been helpful for you and congrats with your acceptance to AUC! I'll be seeing you in the fall.

    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea.

    My brother in law is attending Ross in May and I think I found your blog through Benji's too. I started checking out blogs just to see how people were doing down there. Now, I just follow a handful of bloggers simply because I'm routing for you! Keep it up and I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check your page like three times a day, i really really want to go to AUC after i graduate. and the sentence under the title made your blog compelling. so i will continue to come to this blog until i finally make it to AUC, or maybe until you complete your journey to become a Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With that attitude, it's definitely happening. When do you graduate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. possibly Dec 2012 or May 2013 I am taking the wrong human physiology course for my degree so i need to find a replacement course so i have to try to fit that in for Dec 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a long ways to go! Study, work hard, and if you do well definitely try applying to some US schools first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it seems like a long way but time passes by quickly, if i get accepted by AUC, i will not be waiting on other med schools. I know a student that is extremely smart and it doesn't matter to him what school he goes to. He knows a doctor that went to school in Mexico for his degree and became a cardiologist and the Dr is pretty smart, so i believe it doesn't matter where you go. I am from the southwestern America, i have seen nothing but desert in my life, so i want to finally escape this place by going to AUC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the beach is a pretty nice place to go when you've always been living in the desert!

    ReplyDelete