The journey of one girl with one dream, who refused to take "no" for an answer when it came to becoming a doctor. That's right, Mr. premed advisor! I don't need your negativity because I'm going to medical school and I'm doing it Caribbean style.
Update: I'm going to the American University of Caribbean... so I'm actually doing this St. Maarten style. #Second Update: I'm now a practicing physician at UT-Houston, in the throes of my 5 year pediatric neurology training program.
Saturday, April 23, 2016
The Co-Interns!
I had meant to post this photo a very long time ago, but only got the pictures this week. These are all my co pediatric interns at UT-Houston.
lovely photo of you and your fellow residency classmates. I have really poured over your blog and read a lot of the posts. I am so thankful to how you have everything laid out and it is so informative to someone like me. I am feeling much more confident about my decision to apply caribbean with my AAMC and ACOMAS applications...
I just have a question, How did you handle questions from others l such as " Why not take a few more classes to raise your GPA and apply to traditional schools?" or any other doubters that you would do well in med school
No one actually asked me any of those questions! And I guess if they had I would have simply just said that I knew people who went to caribbean medical schools and did well, and instead of me spending more time and money, I wanted to go to medical school sooner rather than later and that's why I went to the caribbean.
Man I got loads of rejections! like 50... 60? Maybe more. Didn't hear from a bunch of programs at all, but even though I had a large number of interviews, I had tons of rejections
lovely photo of you and your fellow residency classmates. I have really poured over your blog and read a lot of the posts. I am so thankful to how you have everything laid out and it is so informative to someone like me. I am feeling much more confident about my decision to apply caribbean with my AAMC and ACOMAS applications...
ReplyDeleteI just have a question, How did you handle questions from others l such as " Why not take a few more classes to raise your GPA and apply to traditional schools?" or any other doubters that you would do well in med school
No one actually asked me any of those questions! And I guess if they had I would have simply just said that I knew people who went to caribbean medical schools and did well, and instead of me spending more time and money, I wanted to go to medical school sooner rather than later and that's why I went to the caribbean.
DeleteDo you have an email I could reach you at? Fellow AUC student interested in Child Neurology.
ReplyDeleteYou said that 1 interview for every 10 rej is ok, but Did you get any rejections throughout the interview season and if so, how many?
ReplyDeleteMan I got loads of rejections! like 50... 60? Maybe more. Didn't hear from a bunch of programs at all, but even though I had a large number of interviews, I had tons of rejections
Delete