![]() |
| The long white coat |
The journey of one girl with one dream, who refused to take "no" for an answer when it came to becoming a doctor. That's right, Mr. premed advisor! I don't need your negativity because I'm going to medical school and I'm doing it Caribbean style. Update: I'm going to the American University of Caribbean... so I'm actually doing this St. Maarten style. #Second Update: I'm now a practicing physician at UT-Houston, in the throes of my 5 year pediatric neurology training program.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
First Day as a Working Doctor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's sure to be fabulous! I wish I could visit;-)
ReplyDeleteBest School in lucknow
This is such an awesome milestone! Great to see you've accomplished so much. Hope you enjoy your work!
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your accomplishment. I am studying now for my step and decided to take the kaplan 7 week course. I decided to study by systems since I think that will benefit me the most. I also know I have to take a few NBMEs before I should sit. I want to specialize in Ob/Gyn and I am aiming for a 240-250. Last time we spoke you said do a lot of questions. When approaching the NBME what score should I am for that will let me know I am ready to take the USMLE. Also, I have huge test anxiety any pointers to help me conquer that and how you overcame it when you took your steps? Thanks again for sharing you are such an inspiration to me
Hi Ashley, sorry I'm getting back to you so late, but I never took any NBME exams! Ideally it should calculate your actual step score by +/- 20 points, but people on teh valueme and studentdoc forums say certain exams are closer predictors than others. definitely search the forums to find out which ones are better predictors because i dont know personally. As for test anxiety, just remember that you've been studying forever and you know the material. you absolutely know this stuff, it is all in your head and you just need to go out there and take the exam. bring loads of snacks and water. Maybe a beta blocker before hand to calm the nerves haha (but not before trying it prior in case you have a bad reaction). good luck!!!!
DeleteCongrats!! I m looking into furthering my career. I m glad u did NOT give up! Lots of peeps gave me neg. about my interests & job
ReplyDeletegoals. Getting into male dominated jobs is still tough.