Behavioral Shelf. Check
Pharmacology Shelf. Check
I've officially completed my last two courses of basic sciences. Not only that, but I ended it on a pretty high note, which leaves me quite optimistic about my Step 1 preparation. For the last two months I've been studying this mountain of material and it's all well and good to take practice exams on Kaplan and UWorld, but I don't get an accurate assessment of how I'm doing until I take a Shelf. A few of my upper semester friends who I consider both wise and intelligent said that the best practice you can get for Step 1 are the shelf exams. Seeing that they are all "retired" questions from the Step, it makes a lot of sense to me. The quality, style, detailed-ness is spot on to the real thing so yeah, after getting my scores back today, I feel so relieved, happy, confident and just so invigorated to keep all this up! It's always nice seeing the pay off after all the work I put in. It just makes me want to work more.
I have one big exam left– the Comp. A 200 question, 4 hours and 15 minute beast complete with ZERO BREAKS. It's a marathon and it all goes down this Friday the 13th. Thankfully we get three chances to pass the comp, but I would be thrilled if I finished it off on the first try. We'll see how it goes. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining awfully bright these days... and it's not just that blazin' Caribbean sunshine.
Do you still have to do the 7 hour Kaplan Comp as well?
ReplyDeleteYup we still have to take that
ReplyDeleteGood luck Andrea! I know you'll do great!
ReplyDelete