please don't buy all the textbooks before getting here. You will hardly use most of them. Just wait till you arrive and people will let you know exactly which books are worth purchasing.
My "worth it" list:
First Semester:
Anatomy- BRS Gross Anatomy by Chung and the Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy
MCB I- none
histo- none
Second Semester:
MCB II- Lippincott's Biochem is useful, but not necessary
Physio I/II- BRS Physio by Costanzo
Immuno- none
Third Semester:
Pathology I/II- I recommend Goljian... love that guy if you couldn't already tell, but the class notes are sufficient
Microbiology- none
Fourth Semester:
Neuroscience- none
Behavioral- none
Pharmacology- none (although the Kaplan videos/book for ANS are awesome)
Fifth Semester:
I'll let you know when I'm done
hurry up 5th semester, i want to know Andreas tips and tricks.
ReplyDeleteAndrea,
ReplyDeleteThank you for adding so many great posts to your blog!!! I truly enjoy reading everything you have to share and soaking in all the advice, suggestions, etc.
I'm "competitive" for US schools, but frankly, I really think I'd be happier at a Caribbean medical school. So honestly, you've been quite helpful and informative. Anyhow, best of luck to you this semester; I look forward to seeing where your rotations take you!!