...And I realize the season has hardly started. Packers-Saints are playing tonight and I couldn't be more excited for the football season to finally be underway.
If I wasn't trying to be a doctor right now, I honestly would be doing an internship or something over at ESPN in the Connecticut offices to try and get my foot in the door in sports journalism. I could be one of those side line chicks who chase after the quarterbacks at the half/end of the game and get a few meaningless quotes. Kidding.
I would actually HATE that, because there is nothing more useless than those women. And I feel bad for them because I'm sure they do know a lot about sports, but they get relegated to that role.
I started up a fantasy football league at my school. That's what's been taking all my time. Since I came to the island 3 days late, it really was difficult running around spreading the word about fantasy football. Not only am I a heinous/very nervous public speaker, but the person I was going around with who actually does a decent job with speaking to large groups knows absolutely nothing about fantasy football. Our announcements left a lot to be desired. So I am very appreciative of those who did sign up (mostly the third semester and the fourth semester students). This whole fantasy football thing was supposed to be a means for raising money for the third semester class. The money is meant to go towards our 5th semester party next summer. And I'm happy to say we made $700, so that's great. A chunk of that money will be going to the winners of each fantasy league, but if I win the two leagues that I'm in, I plan on donating it all back to the class (my fantasy teams are looking good at the moment).
As for school..... I don't think it surprises anyone that I'm behind once again. Pathology has taken most of my time, so this weekend will be spent catching up with Physio II and Med Micro. I guess there won't be a better weekend then this one since Tropical Storm Maria is coming to town! I've been warned by my cleaning lady that I should not leave the house Saturday. She wouldn't leave me alone until I promised her that I wouldn't so now I definitely won't.
I'm sorry this post was a little eh. I know it sounds rushed and I feel rushed right now. We have Phi Chi interviews for the new set of pledges tonight and I need to get some more work done before I leave for that. I hope you guys are doing great, I love you all, and I'll post again soon.
Lastly, GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

go every other team!
ReplyDelete