Thursday, March 20, 2014

Study Aid for Shelf Exams and CK

For those of you studying for any of your shelf exams (minus OBGYN) or for the CK, these lectures and powerpoints are a great high yield tool from San Antonio School of Medicine. I feel like it's a perfect run through everything. It should benefit you most once you already have a good grasp of the foundations.

--> http://som.uthscsa.edu/StudentAffairs/thirdyear.asp

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea. Love your blog! I am just confused/curious as to when shelf exams are given and what they are on?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha,
    There are 5 shelf exams, one for each of the cores (psych, peds, surgery, IM, OB/GYN) and you take each one at the end of that particular rotation. Students normally take it on the last Friday of their rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be futile to ask since there hasn't been a comment here for months, but got anything for OB/GYN high yield review?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not futile, but I've got nothing specific. Just do the uworld questions and look over the obgyn section in "master the boards" or secrets.

      Delete